This page provides you with information and links about the topics covered in the webinars. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require assistance with any aspects of reporting or training.
Questions and answers
Answers to the questions raised during the webinar are now available on our Validating your data Q&A page.
This webinar provides you with the information you need to help you validate your data. It assumes prior reporting experience and the following webinar and training material should be viewed in conjunction with this webinar.
- provides new data collections officers or anyone who wants a refresher with the essential information for successful data reporting.
How to use HEPCAT (Higher Education Provider Client Assistance Tool)
The Reporting with HEPCAT toolkit provide detailed information on how to download, install and use HEPCAT.
Our HEPCAT basic videos provide a step by step visual guide with clear instructions to help walk you through the process of reporting data.
- HEPCAT Basics part 1 - provides the steps for creating a submission
- HEPCAT Basics part 2 - importing and exporting a submission
- HEPCAT Basics part 3 - validating a submission
- HEPCAT Basics part 4 - submitting data in HEPCAT
The validation rules for both HEPCAT and HEIMS) the Higher Education Information Management System) are available on our Validating your data toolkit.
HEPCAT validation rules are categorised into six levels. Each of the levels perform integrity checks on your data as explained on our HEPCAT validation levels page.
Opens in a new window: HEIMS Online provides a central point for you to view the data you have reported to HEIMS. From here you can directly access:
- Submission error reports - Opens in a new window: HEIMS Online Submission Reports User guide PDF (1.04MB) OR HEIMS Online Submission Reports user guide DOCX (1.14MB)
- HEIMS Data View reports - Opens in a new window: HEIMS Online Data View User guide PDF (508kB) OR HEIMS Online Data View user guide DOCX (917kB)
Keep up to date with what's happening in the data collection world by subscribing to our fabulous monthly newsletters. All our training sessions and webinars are also advertised in our eNews. Don't forget you don't need to be an approved provider to subscribe to eNews.
Need more help?
Please contact the HEIMS Data Collections team if you have any queries or require further information or assistance on any reporting issues.
Email: HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au
Telephone: (02) 6240 7487
Your feedback is always welcome
Please let us know if you found our webinar and materials helpful in preparing your organisation for reporting. Your feedback is important to us so that we can continue working on the best possible ways to provide you with the information you need to meet your reporting requirements.