Research means a research and experimental development (R&D) activity, which is an activity that satisfies all five core criteria:
- to be aimed at new findings (novel)
- to be based on original, not obvious, concepts and hypotheses (creative)
- to be uncertain about the final outcomes (uncertain)
- to be planned and budgeted (systematic)
- to lead to results that could be possibly reproduced (transferable and/or reproducible).
For more information please see the definition of research and experimental development (R&D) in the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) Specifications.
This glossary item applies to the collection types:
- Higher Education Student Collection