Go to top of page


07. The student services and amenities fee applies to a student. Why is a course code included on the SA-HELP file?

The information provided through the SA‑HELP file will be used to inform the ATO about the SA‑HELP debt that has been incurred by a student(s). To be eligible for SA‑HELP a student must:

  • be an Australian citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder resident in Australia;
  • be enrolled in a course of study (including bridging study for overseas-trained professionals) with a higher education provider;
  • meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements; and
  • complete and sign a Request for SA‑HELP Assistance form.

As it is part of the eligibility requirements, it is therefore essential that a course of study be specified in reference to SA‑HELP.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22The%20student%20services%20and%20amenities%20fee%20applies%20to%20a%20student.%20Why%20is%20a%20course%20code%20included%20on%20the%20SA-HELP%20file%3F%20%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top