A code that identifies a specialisation within a course for which the academic requirements have or will be completed by a student or a group of students
|Element name:||Specialisation code|
|010000 to 129999||Specialisation code|
- The code to be assigned to a specialisation is to be selected from the field of education classification.
- Refer to: Appendix E – Field of Education Classification.
- The specialisation code would normally be different from the code assigned to indicate the field of education for a course, because the specialisation code will reflect the major studies undertaken by a student and should be coded at the detailed (six‑digit) level wherever possible.
- This data element is used in Course Completions submission and is mandatory.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Past Course Completions (PPS)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top