The aggregated EFTSL value for a course of study, summed across all units of study that meet the academic requirements for the course of study
|Element name:||Course of study load|
|00||Non-award course, Cross Provider program or OLA unit|
|01 to 99||EFTSL value expressed in tenths (e.g. 4.5 is coded "45")|
- Where a student is undertaking a course of study for which another course of study was a prerequisite, then the EFTSL for the first course of study should not be included as part of the course of study load.
- This represents the total EFTSL that a full‑time student would consume in a course in minimum time, e.g. a 3 year course would consume 3 EFTSL (to be coded as '30' in the file) or a six month course would consume 0.5 EFTSL (to be coded as '05' in the file).
- The value is to represent the aggregated EFTSL for all years of the course of study, assuming that:
- the course of study is undertaken by a full‑time student; and
- the student undertakes a standard program of studies.
- If there are multiple entry points to the course of study (e.g. nested programs), the value reported is to reflect entry at the lowest possible point (i.e. without any exemptions being granted).
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Course of Study (PCO)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top