A code that uniquely identifies the student within the higher education provider and remains constant from year to year
|Element name:||Student identification code|
|Units:||Code (alphanumeric), left justified, with trailing blanks if needed|
|Any data||Code assigned by the provider|
- A student may make a number of separate course enrolments at a provider in the one year or over a number of years.
- Within the one provider, the identification code for the student must remain constant across courses and over time.
- Where a student returns to a provider to resume a course or to undertake a new course, the identification code must be the same as that used at the time of the student's first enrolment at the provider.
- Where a provider is amalgamated with another provider this may lead to the need for the identification code for some students to be changed. In such circumstances, the department or TEQSA should be consulted to discuss arrangements that may be required to ensure continuity of the identification code.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Student (PSD)
- PIR Past Course Completions (PPS)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top