An indication of whether or not the student is an overseas student.
|Element name:||Overseas student indicator|
|1||Not an overseas student|
|2||An overseas student|
To determine whether or not a student is an overseas student the institution will need to refer to the student's response to the question shown below plus the student's response to Element 319 (Location code of semester/term residence). The following types of students are to be coded as overseas students:
- those who tick boxes 2, 4, 5 and 6 in response to the attached question; and
- those who tick box 3 and whose semester/term residence is overseas.
Where information for this element is not being provided to the Commonwealth Tertiary Education Commission in 1987, the code "9" is to be used.
SUGGESTIONS CONCERNING THE COLLECTION OF DATA:
Suggested wording on the enrolment form:
Citizenship/residence status (tick one box only):
- Australian citizen
- New Zealand citizen without permanent residence status in Australia
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Holder of temporary residence visa, a temporary student visa or a visitor visa
- Other temporary resident (e.g. diplomats and families)
- Residing overseas but not one of the above