A code assigned by the department which uniquely identifies an individual who accesses Vocational Education and Training (VET) over his or her lifetime.
|Element name:||Unique Student Identifier|
|Units:||Code (alphanumeric), left justified, with trailing blanks if needed|
|Any data||Valid code issued by the department|
- The Unique Student Identifier must be a valid identifier issued by the department
- Where a client has already been issued a Unique Student Identifier, a new Unique Student Identifier must not be requested from the department
- Records should be checked to ensure that two or more records with different Unique Student Identifiers do not identify the same person.
For more information about terms used in these guidelines see the glossary.
- VET Student Enrolment (VEN)
- VET Enrolment Revision (VER)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top