The day, month and year of birth of the student/applicant
|Element name:||Date of birth|
|Units:||YYYYMMDD, right justified (in each sub-field), with a leading zero (in each sub-field) if needed|
|YYYYMMDD||Date of birth in YYYYMMDD format|
1st 4 digits - Year sub-field (e.g. 1957)
2nd 2 digits - Month sub-field (e.g. 08)
3rd 2 digits - Day sub-field (e.g. 06)
Where date of birth cannot be provided, report ‘19010101’.
Applications and Offers only
HEPs / TACs - data is required in all submissions.
For TACs refer to TAC Data Elements Map for more information.
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Higher Education Student:
- Commonwealth Assisted Students - HELP Due (DU)
- Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- Student Enrolment (EN)
- Enrolment Revisions (ER)
- Past Course Completions (PS)
University Applications and Offers:
- Applicant Details (AD)
Higher Education Staff:
- Full-time and FFT (FT)
- VET Commonwealth Assisted Students (VDU)
- VET Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- VET Student Enrolment (VEN)
- VET Enrolment Revisions (VER)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top