A code which identifies the sex of a student/applicant
|Element name:||Gender code|
Providers/TACS should make a determination of the gender of the student/applicant where the information has not been provided.
In response to the Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender, the department has updated the HEIMS systems to allow the reporting of code X (indeterminate/Intersex/Unspecified). This facilitates the progressive implementation of the guidelines by all providers by 1 July 2016.
Applications and Offers Data Collection only
HEPs / TACs - data is required in all submissions.
For TACs refer to TAC Data Elements Map for more information.
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Higher Education Student:
- Commonwealth Assisted Students (DU)
- Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- Student Enrolment (EN)
- Enrolment Revisions (ER)
- Past Course Completions (PS)
Higher Education Staff:
- Actual Casual (CA)
- Staff Full-time and Fractional Full-time (FT)
University Applications and Offers:
- Application Details (AD)
- Commonwealth Assisted Students (VDU)
- VET Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- Student Enrolment (VEN)
- VET Enrolment Revisions (VER)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top