The reporting year and period to which the individual data record relates
|Field name:||REPORTING YEAR / PERIOD|
|Element name:||Reporting Year and Period Code|
|Units:||YYYYp (1 four digit year sub-field and 1 one digit sub-field)|
19891 to 99992
Reporting year in ‘YYYY’ format, then Reporting period in ‘p’ format
This element describes the Reporting Year and Reporting period to which this record relates.
1st 4 digits (YYYY) = Reporting Year (e.g. 1989)
5th digit (p) = Reporting Period coded as “1” or “2”*
* Reporting period is defined as a ‘1’ if record relates to date between 1 Jan – 30 Jun, and ’2’ if date between 1 Jul- 31 Dec.
The reporting period for the year is to be coded as “1” for Course of Study, Past Course Completions, Full-Time and Fractional Full time, Actual Casual and Estimated Casual, VET Course of Study, and VET Course Completions (e.g. 1989/1).
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Higher Education Student:
- Commonwealth Scholarships (CS)
- Student Enrolment (EN)
- Enrolment Revisions (ER)
- Past Course Completions (PS)
- Course of Study (CO)
Higher Education Staff:
- Full Time Fractional Full Time (FT)
- Actual Casual (CA)
- Estimated Casual (EC)
- Student Enrolment (VEN)
- VET Enrolment Revisions (VER)
- VET Course Completions (VCC)
- VET Course of Study (VCO)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.