The day, month and year of birth of the student/applicant
|Element name:||Date of birth|
|Units:||YYYYMMDD, right justified (in each sub-field), with a leading zero (in each sub-field) if needed|
|Date of birth in YYYYMMDD format|
- 1st 4 digits - Year sub-field (e.g. 1957)
- 2nd 2 digits - Month sub-field (e.g. 08)
- 3rd 2 digits - Day sub-field (e.g. 06)
Provision of full details of date of birth is required for all students / applicants.
Where date of birth cannot be provided, report ‘19010101’.
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Higher Education Student:
- Commonwealth Assisted Students - HELP Due (DU)
- Student Enrolment (EN)
- Enrolment Revisions (VER)
- Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (PO)
- Past Course Completions (PS)
- Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
Applications and Offers:
- Applicant Details (AD)
Higher Education Staff:
- Full-time and FFT (FT)
- VET Commonwealth Assisted Students (VDU)
- VET Student Enrolment (VEN)
- VET Enrolment Revisions (VER)
- VET Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (VPO)
- VET Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.